Rest in Peace Nelson Mandela.
18 July 1918 − 5 December 2013
RIP: Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)
Photo by Ian Berry, South Africa, 1994.
We serve a supernatural God! He can do what medicine cannot do. He is not limited by your education, your background, the family you came from. He’s not moved by the things people have spoken over you. He’s not up in heaven all frantic, trying to figure out how to get you to your destiny. He knows the end from the beginning. He already has solutions to problems you’ve not even had. He is all powerful and all knowing. People may have tried to push you down, but if you’ll just remove those labels and get into agreement with God, He will push you up. He will take you where you could not go on your own. You don’t have to figure it all out. All God asks you to do is believe. When you believe, all things are possible. When you believe, doors will open that should have never opened. When you believe, God will take you from the back to the front. Don’t let negative labels hold you down. Remember, we serve a God who knows no limits! Get in step with Him and live your life without limits, too!
(okay first of all I loved her character in the Scary Movie series, the Wayne brothers! all greatness)
So, HALLOWEEN GUYS! I love horror, scary things, creepy things, but let’s be real here, majority of these movies have white folk…and the occasional token black guy.
But realistically, our immediate instincts are what; Drop da shit and Dip out. If you watch the Michael Myers movies, Jason, etc, there’s always a wait period or something these fools do where I go “Dammit you are stupid! That’s why your character died! Screw your slow ass”
Anyway, here’s a list of things Black Folk won’t do written by a comedian.
21 Things You’ll Never See Black People Doing in Horror Movies
by Orlando Jones
1. Vacation at Chernobyl. WTF is “Extreme Tourism”? If we need to book a trip we go here.
2. Adopt a kid who turns out to be the devil.
3. Pay for tickets to a Hockey Game.
4. Get stranded hiking up Mt. Fuji.
5. Get attacked by a wolverine in its natural habitat.
6. Get mauled by a pet tiger.
7. Explore the inside of an active volcano.
8. Get cursed out by their creepy kid in Whole Foods.
9. Kill a family member over a trust fund.
11. Scuba dive in order to see a great white shark.
12. Eat grilled chicken.
13. Scream, “Go ahead without me. Save yourself!”
14. Stay in a house with bleeding walls and creaky floors.
15. Split up to look for somebody. If you got separated from the group you deserve to die.
16. Get blood on the Rent-a-Center sofa.
17. Hang out in a house with no flat screen TV.
18. Drop the car keys when the killer is chasing you.
19. Die second. We always die first. Except me in the film Primeval where I refuse to go out like that. SPOILER ALERT — I die — just not first.
20. Go into a house again after we find out it’s haunted.
I have bolded all of the things I know I would most def do, some of the other stuff…dare devil complex ya know.
Happy pre-scary crap guese.